Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cabbage Crunch


Cabbage Crunch

Whole Foods' Cabbage Crunch has been one of my personal favorites for years. I have never attempted to make it, until I walked by a beautiful display of cabbage at Market of Choice yesterday, and decided to give it a shot. How hard could it be? I googled recipes right there in the produced section but was unimpressed with the results. They called for ramen noodles and seasoning, refined sugar and apple cider mix. 

I decided I'd do it my way.

Here is what I came up with! The portions can be magnified by doubling or tripling the ingredient quantities.

Ingredients:

3 Cups of Green Cabbage [Chopped]
1/2 Cup Almonds [Roasted//Unsalted//Chopped]
2 Tbs. Sesame Seeds
2 Tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp Olive Oil
Pepper
1 tsp Honey

Preparation:
Combine cabbage, almonds and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine Vinegar, Olive Oil, Pepper, and Honey. Whisk with a fork and add to cabbage mixture. You can double the dressing recipe if you prefer more without compromising the health of the dish since it is a healthy dressing. 

Mix thoroughly so that the dressing is evenly incorporated throughout the salad. Chill before serving. Mine sat in the fridge over night which let the flavors in the dressing to soak into the cabbage, and allowed the cabbage to soften a little bit.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment