Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sweet & Sour Chicken

Sweet & Sour Chicken

(for Paige Conrad <3 )

Sorry, I am not a very good blogger, I know this. I forget to take pictures of everything. So, use your imagination! Also, this recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy free, Refined sugar free and Very easy to make in mass quantities! 

Ingredients: 
1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy sauce [Gluten Free, if needed]
1/4 Cup Mollasses
2 Tbs. Ground Ginger
3 Tbs. Garlic
Salt & Pepper

1 Cup Pineapple Juice
1 Cup Pineapple [Diced]
1/2 Cup Mango [Diced]
1/2 Cup Peaches [Diced]
1 Cup Broccoli
1 Cup Carrots

4 Small Chicken Breasts [Diced]

1 Cup Your Choice of Rice [I recommend Brown]

To Prepare:
1.) Combine Soy Sauce, Molasses, Ginger, Garlic and Salt and Pepper in a large pot, heat for 5 minutes on medium. 
2. ) Add all Fruits, Vegetables and Chicken and Pineapple Juice to the large pot. 
3.) Stir Regularly, and leave on medium heat until all chicken is cooked
4.) While chicken is cooking, cook rice as you prefer. When I made this, I just used bulk brown rice. To prepare, I boiled 2 Cups of water and For every Cup of rice. I added salt and some pineapple juice to enhance the flavor.  
5.) Once the rice is cooked, serve the chicken over the rice. Enjoy! 

If you want a thicker sauce, you can add a tablespoon of cornstarch, but this is not necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment