Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Paleo Cereal

Paleo Cereal

So I started the Paleo diet yesterday! I want to get the most out of what I eat, and eliminate empty calories and unnecessary chemicals. I spent a lot of yesterday prepping food for the week and reading on the diet. One thing I learned is that Paleo eating is a lot about portion control, in addition to eating only whole, natural foods. Although foods like fruits and oils are allowed on the Paleo diet, they should be kept to a minimum as the Paleo man would have minimally consumed them.

So first up, I made Paleo Breakfast Cereal!

The ingredients are as follows:

Upon Preparation:

1 Cup Almonds [Unsalted // Roasted // Chopped]
1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds [Unsalted//Raw]
1/2 Cup Sunflower seeds [Unsalted//Raw]
1/2 Cup Chia Seeds 
1/2 Cup Dehydrated Blueberries [Unsweetened]
1/4 Cup Cashews [Raw]

//Add 1/3 of a Cup to zip lock bags, adding a dash of cinnamon in each bag, which will result in 1 portion when  fresh fruit is added.
Upon Eating Add:

1/3 Ripe Banana [Chopped]
4-5 Raspberries
1/2 tsp. Honey [Drizzled]
1/3 Cup Almond Milk [Unsweetened]

Enjoy! Keeps you full all morning!







No comments:

Post a Comment